I love taco's don't get me wrong and an other taco night is not what I am craving today. I decided to throw together, yes it's just about that easy, a taco soup. I sweeten the soup, well not really sweeten and it makes all things so much better by using bone broth as a base. Rich flavors and just the hardiness I need for a full meal.
If this isn't enough for you as is, you can add tortilla chips, cheese, avocado or whatever toppings you like. I have even added pasta to the broth and made taco pasta soup. The options are wide open. Stop at the store today for the ingredients!! This one won't take you long and you'll be happy with the outcome.
Taco Tuesday Soup
1 chopped onion
1 chopped red bell pepper
4 cloves of chopped garlic
1 tbs of avocado oil
1 lb of ground meat (can be any variety)
1 tsp of chili powder
2 tsp of cumin
3 tsp of prepackaged taco seasoning
16 oz of bone broth (beef with ground beef or venison, chicken with ground chicken or turkey)
40 oz water
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup corn
2 cans of strained beans (kidney or black)
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic until soft in a soup pot.
2. Add meat and brown until fully cooked. (drain drippings if necessary)
3. Add chili powder, cumin, and taco seasoning. Stir.
4. Pour in bone both, water, diced tomatoes, corn, beans and carrots.
5. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.