A Southern Tradition
As a Southern tradition, cornbread plays a huge part at any table. Whether its eaten by itself topped with honey or next to a bowl of red beans; let’s just say it never goes unnoticed unless I’m staring at it! Self-created is a healthier version that is sure to complement any dish!
1 cup of organic cornmeal (fine or medium ground)
½ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
1 tbs coconut sugar
1 tsp dried rosemary
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir.
2. In a smaller mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and whisk.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8x8 pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown.
6. Let cool.
7. Slice, top with honey, and serve.